New York, US
The 2018 ETFs Global Markets Roundtable series of conferences to be held in London on April 19 (covering EMEA), New York on May 15 (covering USA/Latin America), Toronto on May 31 (covering Canada), and Hong Kong in Q4 (covering APAC), will offer an opportunity for a substantive and in-depth discussion about the liquidity, trading, technological and regulatory developments impacting ETFs in the respective jurisdictions.
The events are designed to provide the opportunity for institutional investors and financial advisors from the institutional investor community, as well as other market participants and professionals involved in the ETF space, to hear current thoughts from industry leaders on ETF trends, market structure and regulation, and obtain a better understanding of how to trade and use ETFs, and of the impact that ETFs have on the markets and market structure.
Sponsorship opportunities will offer valuable recognition, visibility, and branding and provide a number of benefits. For more information please contact Deborah Fuhr at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ari Burstein at email@example.com.
7:30am-8:00am Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:00am-10:00am Buyside-Only Workshop
Separated into small groups, participants in the buyside-only morning workshop will have the opportunity to discuss with their peers a number of topics of importance relating to ETFs, as well as raise any questions with, and obtain guidance from, outside experts.
Topics to be discussed will include:
- How institutions are trading ETFs
- Understanding and evaluating ETF liquidity and the impact on markets
- Innovations in the ETF industry and the effect on buyside trading
- Impact of regulatory developments in trading on ETFs
10:00am-10:30am Refreshment and Networking Break
10:30am-11:00am Opening Remarks and Keynote Address
11:00am-11:45am Examining the Impact of Regulatory Developments on ETFs
- Update from regulators on key developments and studies impacting ETFs
- Examination of the need for specific trading rules for ETFs
- Impact on ETFs of suggested changes to equity and fixed-income market structure
11:45am-12:30pm Creating Better Trading Systems and Trading Tools – How Institutions are Trading ETFs
- Most commonly used strategies in trading ETFs
- The use of RFQ platforms for ETFs
- How to evaluate the ETF trade and best execution issues
- Examination of pre-and post-trade transparency
12:30pm–1:15pm Luncheon and Keynote Speaker
1:15pm-2:00pm Exchange Roundtable
- Discussion on how to trade ETFs more efficiently on exchanges
- Examination of issues around market maker incentives
- Discussion of competition for ETF listings
2:00pm-2:15pm Presentation - Overview of Trends Impacting the ETF Industry
2:15pm-3:00pm Understanding and Evaluating ETF Liquidity – Busting the Myths around the Impact of ETFs on the Markets
- Discussion of concerns surrounding ETF liquidity
- Are ETFs really contributing to volatility in the markets?
- Metrics for gauging ETF liquidity
- Examining the growth of passive investing and the impact on trading
3:00pm-3:30pm Refreshment and Networking Break
3:30pm-4:30pm Bringing New ETFs to Market – An Examination of Innovation and Distribution in the ETF Industry
- Examination of new ETF product offerings and approvals
- Discussion of the growth of robo-advisers and fund platforms
- Examination of issues surrounding distribution
4:30pm Conference Adjournment