Stacy Fuller and Dave Nadig discuss how FINRA rule 22-08 could limit retail investor access to many mutual funds, ETFs and closed-end funds on ETF TV
Press Release London April 19, 2022, ETF TV News #111 Stacy Fuller, Partner at K&L Gates and Dave Nadig, Financial Futurist at ETF Trends discuss how FINRA rule 22-08 could limit retail investor access to many mutual funds, ETFs, and closed-end funds with Deborah Fuhr on ETF TV #PressPlay https://bit.ly/3uRSDQR
FINRA is seeking comments by May 9, 2022 on Effective Practices and Rule Enhancements for Sales Practice Obligations for Complex Products and Options Rule 22-08
The Notice describes “complex products” as any product – Mutual Fund, ETF, ETN, Closed End Fund – with “features that may make it difficult for a retail investor to understand the essential characteristics of the product and its risks.”
FINRA may make investors pass tests, get pre-approved to buy many types of mutual funds, ETFs, and other investments
FINRA concedes it has no “standard definition” of a “complex” product, FINRA identifies in the Notice or has previously flagged as “complex” or difficult for investors to understand a long list including the following types of securities:
- Non-traditional index funds: Smart beta; Quant; Custom index; ESG
- Emerging market funds
- High yield bond funds
- Target date funds
- Floating-rate loan funds
- Unconstrained bond funds
- Insurance-linked securities
FINRA’s unprecedented measures could severely restrict self-directed investors from freely accessing public markets and useful investments, including many commonly used Mutual Funds, ETFs, ETNs, Closed End Funds, and other public securities.
Investors, asset managers, financial advisors should respond to FINRA by May 9, 2022.
Comments must be submitted through one of the following methods:
- Online using FINRA’s comment form for this Notice https://bit.ly/3uGxM2J;
- Emailing comments to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Mailing comments in hard copy to:
Jennifer Piorko Mitchell
Office of the Corporate Secretary
1735 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006-1506
ETF TV your insight into the world of exchange-traded funds, issuers and investment. Register to receive updates and watch prior episodes at www.ETFtv.net. MP4: https://we.tl/t-LjC4AycGrF
ETF TV News is sponsored by Syntax Advisors https://www.syntaxadvisors.com/. Syntax Advisors offers a family of Syntax Stratified ETFs that aim to deliver a diversified return by providing investors with rules-based exposure to business risks.
Please email Press Releases to press@ETFtv.net
Disclaimer: ETF TV is a news update and is intended for informational purposes only. ETF TV does not provide investment advice nor recommend products.
Speakers have been added for the 3rd annual ETFGI Global ETFs Insights Summit - Latin America
Register now to join us at our 3rd annual ETFGI Global ETFs Insights Summit - Latin America, a virtual event on April 27 & 28.
The event is designed as educational events for financial advisors and traders, portfolio managers, CIOs at buyside institutional investor to examine how ETFs are being traded, selected, and used and hear about the most current regulatory, index, active, product and trading developments impacting investors.
Exciting line up of speakers in fireside chats and panel discussions on timely and relevant topics with sponsor booths and virtual networking!
Free registration and CPD educational credits are offered to buy side institutional investors and financial advisors. All sessions will be recorded and will be made available to all registrants after the event.
- Soledad Almarza, Managing Director, LarrainVial
- Ignacio Arrospide, CIO, Creuza Advisors
- Alexei Bonamin, Head of the Capital Markets Group, TozziniFreire Advogados
- Felipe Cousino, Partner, Alessandri
- Matias Cremaschi, Co-Head Investments, Delta Asset Management
- Deborah Fuhr, Founder, Managing Director, ETFGI
- Manuel Felipe García, VP, Wealth Management division, Skandia Colombia
- Rodolfo Garcia, Director of Institutional Relationships Latam, Global X ETFs
- Nicolas Gomez, Managing Director, Head of Latin America ETF and Index Investments and Product Development, BlackRock
- Eduardo Flores Herrera, Partner, Creel
- Josh Kaplan, CFA, Global Head of Research, MV Index Solutions
- Jamie Lazaro, CEO, BBVA Asset Management Mexico
- Martin Leinweber, CFA, Digital Asset Product Strategist, MV Index Solutions
- Julio Pueyrredon, Partner, Negri & Pueyrredon Abogados
- Adriana Rangel, Head of Institutional Sales, Vanguard LATAM
- Rick Redding, CEO, Index Industry Association
- April Reppy Suydam, Head of Latin America Sales & Distribution, First Trust
- Jamie Saborio, Head of ETF & Indexing Sales, Mexico, HSBC Asset Management
- Zeb Saeed, Senior Product Specialist, DWS Xtrackers
- Ximena Sánchez Kehr, SIC Manager, Bolsa Mexicana de Valores
- Gabriela Santos, Global Market Strategist, J.P. Morgan Asset Management
- Allan Stewart, ETF Sales and Relationship Manager - Investment Fund Services, Clearstream
- Joswilb Vega Ugarte, CIO, AFP Profuturo
- Miguel A. Zapatero, Chief Executive Officer, Lima Stock Exchange
The event will cover:
- Trends in the Use of ETFs in LATAM
- How Investors are Using ETFs in Argentina
- How Investors are Using ETFs in Brazil
- How Investors are Using ETFs in Chile
- How Investors are Using ETFs in Colombia
- How Investors are Using ETFs in Mexico
- How Investors are Using ETFs in Peru
- Overview of the offshore ETF Landscape
- Overview of Trends in the ETF industry - ETFGI Research
- Global Macro Outlook
- Sustainable Finance and ESG regulations impacting investors
- How are Investors using equity and fixed income ESG ETFs
- How are Investors are using Crypto and Digital Assets ETFs
- Designing Thematic ETFs and Rethinking Country ETFs
- Best Practices when Trading ETFs
- Women in ETFs: The Case for Diversity
Additional speakers will be added. To view the agendas, speakers, sponsors and hear recordings from our prior events in 2021, 2020 and 2019, please visit the ETFGI website.
2022 Virtual Events Schedule:
- 3rd Annual Latin America (Virtual), April 27 - 28 Register Here
- 3rd Annual USA (Hybrid), May 17 - 18 Register Here
- 3rd Annual Europe & MEA (Hybrid), September 20 - 22 Register Here
- 3rd Annual Asia Pacific (Virtual), October 12 - 13 Register Here
- 4th Annual Canada (Hybrid), November 30 - December 1 Register Here
Click below to see the 2022 Event Agendas and Session Recordings:
- 2nd Annual ESG and Active ETFs Trends, March 23 & 24 Session Recordings
Please contact Deborah Fuhr email@example.com and Margareta Hricova firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in speaking, sponsoring, or have any questions about any of our upcoming events.
We look forward to seeing you at our events!
Debbie and Margareta
Follow us on Linkedin and Twitter for updates about the event.
ETFGI is supporting Jobs in ETFs, the first website for careers and recruitment in the ETF industry.
Managing Partner, Founder
Mobile: +44 777 5823 111
Deborah Fuhr Twitter | LinkedIn
ETFGI Twitter | LinkedIn | Website
ETFs Network LinkedIn
ETF TV Twitter | LinkedIn | Website
Women in ETFs, Board member and founder
Women in ETFs Twitter | LinkedIn | Website
This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to us, and immediately and permanently delete it. Do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.
ETFGI LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC372221. Registered address is 130 Jermyn Street, 6th Floor, St James’s, London SW1Y 4UR.
ETFGI LLP has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for viruses. However, we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise that you carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.