Tim Maloney, CFA of Roundhill Investments discusses the Metaverse and listing their first ETF in Europe on ETF TV
Press Release London April 6, 2022, ETF TV News #110 Tim Maloney, CFA, Co-Founder and Chief Investment Officer, Roundhill Investments discusses the Metaverse and listing their first ETF in Europe with Deborah Fuhr and Margareta Hricova on ETF TV #PressPlay https://bit.ly/3JmimVO
Roundhill Investments, has entered the ETF industry in Europe, listing the Roundhill Ball Metaverse UCITS ETF (METV) on the Deutsche Börse Xetra. METV is the first Metaverse ETF to list in Germany.
The Metaverse is broadly understood as a successor-state to today’s mobile Internet, but which will involve countless interoperable and persistent virtual worlds, be richly integrated into the physical world as well, thereby creating a new medium and economy for work, leisure, and innovation. Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs have estimated that the Metaverse economy will be worth roughly $8 trillion. Citi released a new Global Perspectives & Solutions (Citi GPS) report titled Metaverse and Money: Decrypting the Future which forecasts the target addressable market (TAM) for the Metaverse economy to be in the range of $10 trillion plus. Access full report here. Jensen Huang, founder and CEO of Nvidia, has said he believes the Metaverse economy will eventually exceed that of the physical world.
Roundhill Investments has the Roundhill Ball Metaverse ETF (METV) listed in the United States. Like the US listed ETF the European ETF will physically replicate the Ball Metaverse index of 44 companies involved in 7 categories: computing, digital networks and data, immersive digital platforms, providers of standards of interoperability, payment processing, digital currencies and physical tech hardware and wearables.
Uniquely, Roundhill will not have any sales people in Europe but will exclusively relay on marketing to raise awareness and sell the ETF.
Last week, there were 22 new listings from 19 issuers and 21 new cross-listings. Year to date, through April 2nd there have been 380 new listings and 412 new cross listings with 41 closures and 36 removals of cross listings.
Issuers last week include: Albilad Capital, Avantis Investors, BetaShares, Columbia Threadneedle, Da Cheng International Asset Management, HANetf, Hanwha Asset Management, Hashdex Asset Management, Janus Henderson, Korea Investment Management, Kotak Mahindra Asset Management, Motilal Oswal Asset Management, OneAscent, Optica Capital, President Securities Corporation, R Cubed Global Capital, Regents Park Funds, Volatility Shares, WisdomTree
ETF TV your insight into the world of exchange-traded funds, issuers and investment. Register to receive updates and watch prior episodes at www.ETFtv.net. MP4: https://we.tl/t-HWJ5Zy5I5G
ETF TV News is sponsored by Syntax Advisors. Syntax Advisors offers a family of Syntax Stratified ETFs that aim to deliver a diversified return by providing investors with rules-based exposure to business risks.
Please email Press Releases to press@ETFtv.net
Disclaimer: ETF TV is a news update and is intended for informational purposes only. ETF TV does not provide investment advice nor recommend products.
Speakers have been added for the 3rd annual ETFGI Global ETFs Insights Summit - Latin America
Register now to join us at our 3rd annual ETFGI Global ETFs Insights Summit - Latin America, a virtual event on April 27 & 28.
The event is designed as educational events for financial advisors and traders, portfolio managers, CIOs at buyside institutional investor to examine how ETFs are being traded, selected, and used and hear about the most current regulatory, index, active, product and trading developments impacting investors.
Exciting line up of speakers in fireside chats and panel discussions on timely and relevant topics with sponsor booths and virtual networking!
Free registration and CPD educational credits are offered to buy side institutional investors and financial advisors. All sessions will be recorded and will be made available to all registrants after the event.
- Ignacio Arrospide, CIO, Creuza Advisors
- Alexei Bonamin, Head of the Capital Markets Group, TozziniFreire Advogados
- Felipe Cousino, Partner, Alessandri
- Matias Cremaschi, Co-Head Investments, Delta Asset Management
- Deborah Fuhr, Founder, Managing Director, ETFGI
- Nicolas Gomez, Managing Director, Head of Latin America ETF and Index Investments and Product Development, BlackRock
- Eduardo Flores Herrera, Partner, Creel
- Joshua Kaplan, CFA, Global Head of Research & Investment Strategy, MV Index Solutions
- Jamie Lazaro, CEO, BBVA Asset Management Mexico
- Martin Leinweber, CFA, Digital Asset Product Strategist, MV Index Solutions
- Juan Manuel Olivo, Director of Promotion and Issuers, Mexican Stock Exchange
- Julio Pueyrredon, Partner, Negri & Pueyrredon Abogados
- Adriana Rangel, Head of Institutional Sales, Vanguard LATAM
- Rick Redding, CEO, Index Industry Association
- April Reppy Suydam, Head of Latin America Sales & Distribution, First Trust
- Jamie Saborio, Head of ETF & Indexing Sales, Mexico, HSBC Asset Management
- Zeb Saeed, Passive Products Specialist, DWS
- Gabriela Santos, Global Market Strategist, J.P. Morgan Asset Management
- Allan Stewart, ETF Sales and Relationship Manager - Investment Fund Services, Clearstream
- Federico Torres, SVP, Head of Latin American Sales, Global X
- Joswilb Vega Ugarte, CIO, AFP Profuturo
- Miguel A. Zapatero, Chief Executive Officer, Lima Stock Exchange
The event will cover:
- Trends in the Use of ETFs in LATAM
- How Investors are Using ETFs in Argentina
- How Investors are Using ETFs in Brazil
- How Investors are Using ETFs in Chile
- How Investors are Using ETFs in Colombia
- How Investors are Using ETFs in Mexico
- How Investors are Using ETFs in Peru
- Overview of the offshore ETF Landscape
- Overview of Trends in the ETF industry - ETFGI Research
- Global Macro Outlook
- Sustainable Finance and ESG regulations impacting investors
- How are Investors using equity and fixed income ESG ETFs
- How are Investors are using Crypto and Digital Assets ETFs
- Designing Thematic ETFs and Rethinking Country ETF
- Best Practices when Trading ETFs
- Women in ETFs: The Case for Diversity
Additional speakers will be added. To view the agendas, speakers, sponsors and hear recordings from our prior events in 2021, 2020 and 2019, please visit the ETFGI website.
2022 Virtual Events Schedule:
- 3rd Annual Latin America (Virtual), April 27 - 28 Register Here
- 3rd Annual USA (Hybrid), May 17 - 18 Register Here
- 3rd Annual Europe & MEA (Hybrid), September 20 - 22 Register Here
- 3rd Annual Asia Pacific (Virtual), October 12 - 13 Register Here
- 4th Annual Canada (Hybrid), November 30 - December 1 Register Here
Click below to see the 2022 Event Agendas and Session Recordings:
- 2nd Annual ESG and Active ETFs Trends, March 23 & 24 Session Recordings
Please contact Deborah Fuhr firstname.lastname@example.org and Margareta Hricova email@example.com if you are interested in speaking, sponsoring, or have any questions about any of our upcoming events.
ETFGI is supporting Jobs in ETFs, the first website for careers and recruitment in the ETF industry.
Managing Partner, Founder
Mobile: +44 777 5823 111
Deborah Fuhr Twitter | LinkedIn
ETFGI Twitter | LinkedIn | Website
ETFs Network LinkedIn
ETF TV Twitter | LinkedIn | Website
Women in ETFs, Board member and founder
Women in ETFs Twitter | LinkedIn | Website
This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to us, and immediately and permanently delete it. Do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.
ETFGI LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC372221. Registered address is 130 Jermyn Street, 6th Floor, St James’s, London SW1Y 4UR.
ETFGI LLP has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for viruses. However, we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise that you carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.