Stefanie Drews president of Nikko Asset Management discusses ETFs and their 10-year growth plan on ETF TV
Press Release London August 26, 2022, ETF TV #122 Stefanie Drews president of Nikko Asset Management discusses ETFs and their 10-year growth plan with Margareta Hricova and Deborah Fuhr on ETF TV.PressPlay
Stefanie Drews was promoted to president of Nikko Asset Management in April 2022. She discusses Nikko Asset Management’s recent listing of 2 some fixed income ETFs in Japan. The types of investors that use ETFs in Japan and how they use them. How Nikko works with Cathie Wood and her team at Ark Investment a firm Nikko has owned a 15% stake in since 2017.
Ms Drews discusses the 10 year growth plan that Nikko Asset Management announced on April 1,where Nikko Asset Management will be targeting a more than sevenfold increase in the assets the firm is managing for investors outside of Japan
Listen to podcasts of this and prior episodes of ETF TV on
Last week there were 19 new listings and there 24 new cross-listings. Issuers listing new ETFs included: Aditya Birla Sun Life, Argent, AZTLAN Equity Management, BlackRock, Convexityshares, Global X ETFs, Hanwha Asset Management, iShares, JP Morgan Asset Management, Kotak Mahindra Asset Management, Midas Asset Management, NH-Amundi Management, Nikko Asset Management, Vanguard.
The Bank of Japan reported owning US$289 billion or 63% of the assets in the ETFs industry in Japan at end of July 2022.Read more at https://etfgi.com/news/press-releases/2022/08/etfgi-reports-boj-reported-owning-us289-billion-or-63-assets-etfs
ETF TV your insight into the world of exchange-traded funds, issuers and investment.Register to receive updates and watch prior episodes at www.ETFtv.net.MP4 https://we.tl/t-pZJVs8IcmY
ETF TV News is sponsored by Syntax Advisors www.syntaxadvisors.com/. Syntax Advisors offers a family of Syntax Stratified ETFs that aim to deliver a diversified return by providing investors with rules-based exposure to business risks.
If you are interested in sponsoring, being a guest or have any questions on ETF TV please contact Deborah Fuhr deborah.fuhr@ETFtv.net
Disclaimer: ETF TV is a news update and is intended for informational purposes only. ETF TV does not provide investment advice nor recommend products.
Register now for the 3rd annual ETFGI Global ETFs Insight Summit Europe & MEA Sept 14 - 16
Register to join the discussions at our 3rd annual ETFGI Global ETFs Insights Summit – EMEA on September 14 – 16th. The summit is designed to provide the opportunity for traders, portfolio managers, and advisors at buyside institutional investor and financial advisors to examine how ETFs are being traded, selected, and used and hear about the most current regulatory, index, product trends: active, bitcoin, crypto, ESG, Thematic and trading developments that are impacting investors.
This event will bring together leaders from across the ETF industry, including ETF sponsors, exchanges, broker-dealers, institutional investors, regulators, and other market participants. DAY 1 - In person on September 14th in London at the London Stock Exchange from 12:30pm – 5:00pm BST followed by drinks reception from 5pm – 6:30pm BST (attendees will receive access to virtual event content). Limited spaces for buyside institutional investors and IFAs. All sessions will be recorded.
DAY 2 & 3 - Virtual on September 15th & 16th - panel discussions on our virtual event platform.
- Macro Investment Outlook
- Trends in the ETF industry in Europe and MEA
- The Future of Equity ETFs: “Scalable, Sustainable – Super Cheap?”
- Discussion with Catharine Dwyer, Senior Policy Advisor, Central Bank of Ireland
- Trends in ESG Investing
- How are Investors Using Thematic ETFs
- Trends in Crypto – Digital Indices and Products
- How Institutions and Financial Advisors are Selecting and Using ETFs
- Industry Leaders Outlook
- Fireside Chat with Martin Moloney, Secretary General, IOSCO
- Regulatory Issues Impacting ETF Trading and Market Structure
- Fireside Chat: How a Consolidated Tape Could Contribute to the Development of ETFs in the EU
- Hot Regulatory Topics Impacting ETFs in the US and Europe
- Hot Topics Impacting Index Providers
- Regulatory Trends Impacting ESG, Active ETFs and Crypto in US and Europe
- Overview of the ETF Landscape in the United Arab Emirates
- Overview of the ETF Landscape in Qatar
- Overview of the ETF Landscape in Saudi Arabia
- Overview of the ETF Landscape in South Africa
- Overview of the ETF Landscape in Africa
- Overview of the ETF Landscape in Israel
- Women in ETFs – Managing Career Transitions
🎧 All sessions are recorded and you will also receive access to last year's session recording
📚 CPD educational credits
🆓 Free registration for buy side institutional investors and financial advisors
If you can't attend on the day, register anyway and you'll receive recordings of all the sessions.
Upcoming 2022 ETFGI Global ETFs Insights Summits:
- 3rd Annual Europe & MEA (Hybrid), Sept 14 in person at the London Stock Exchange and Sept 15 & 16 virtual Register Here
- 3rd Annual Asia Pacific (Virtual), October 12 - 13 Register Here
- 3rd Annual USA (Hybrid), November 15 in person at the Manhattan Manor, New York and November 16 virtual Register Here
- 4th Annual Canada (Hybrid), November 30 in person in BLG’s Toronto office & December 1 virtual Register Here
Prior 2022 ETFGI Global ETFs Insights Summits Recordings:
ETFGI is supporting Jobs in ETFs, the first website for careers and recruitment in the ETF industry.
This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to us, and immediately and permanently delete it. Do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.
ETFGI LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC372221. Registered address is 130 Jermyn Street, 6th Floor, St James’s, London SW1Y 4UR.
ETFGI LLP has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for viruses. However, we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise that you carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.